CIF Supply Partner Ellis Williams Appointed to provide Architectural Services for Royton Town Hall and Library Refurbishments
Oldham Borough Council appointed Ellis Williams Architects (EWA) through Construction Impact Framework (CIF) to provide technical and client advisory services in relation to the refurbishment of Royton Town Hall and Library. EWA were directly appointed in late 2019 via the CIF framework and commenced consultancy January 2020, providing services for 24 months.
The £3million refurbishment project is over two historic building in the heart of Royton; Royton Town Hall and Royton Library in order repurpose and remodel the buildings to better serve the public and ensure the building is more sensitive to the original architecture. The refurbishment proposed comprises of:
- Demolition of rear extension
- Remodelling and full refurbishment of the town hall
- Construction of a new entrance foyer at rear
- Relocation of the library service into the remodelled town hall
- Strip out of vacated library space to provide a space for commercial operation
EWA are to provide technical and client advisory services across architectural, structural and M&E for the project.
Please take a look at some of our ‘Social Impact’ case studies which showcase the work we are carrying out in partnership with our public-sector members.
Oldham Borough Council